like chicken nuggets... but not.
I'm Emily and... that's about it..
Tuesday night I was telling my boyfriend something as he was taking me home and Amnesia by 5SOS came on the radio and he says, “Wait. Stop. This is my song. I have to sing.” and he turned the volume up and starts shouting the lyrics in a British accent…. I never got to finish telling him whatever it was that I was telling him.
17 Things I Learned Before I Turned 17
1. It’s okay to say no to going out sometimes. Don’t make an excuse. Admit that you’re too tired. Or that you just don’t feel like it.
2. Wear what makes you happy. If you like how compliments feel, it’s okay to try and fish for them. If you like how compliments feel, but not how a skirt does, wear sweatpants and brag about how comfortable you are.
3. Make dumb jokes. Take advantage of puns.
4. Let your room get really mess before you clean it. You’ll feel more accomplished.
5. A little stress is okay. It nudges you along. A lot of stress is not okay. It makes your chest hurt.
6. Don’t compare yourself to others. Don’t compare yourself to more successful people. Don’t compare yourself to less successful people. You are your own scale.
7. Drink lots and lots of tea.
8. Stop trying so hard to make memories. They won’t fit your expectations and everything will seem smaller than it is.
9. Dream bigger than reality. Larger than life.
10. Don’t lie to yourself. Let yourself feel emotions, and then let them float away. They’re all equally important and equally fleeting.
11. Stop second-guessing. Eat in front of people. Back into a parking space. Change shirts in public. You’re only as awkward as you let yourself be.
12. Make conversation. If anyone looks at you funny, they’re nervous too.
13. When you make mistakes, let yourself laugh. Laughing is accepting that your mistake can provide momentary joy to others, and even to you.
14. Listen to music that matches your mood. Cry to sad music. Or even to happy music. Scream the words to your favourite songs and laugh when you sound awful.
15. Stay up late watching episode after episode. Then sleep late the next morning.
16. Go to a concert alone and without a phone. Meet new people. Close your eyes and feel the bass in your bloodstream.
17. Eat whatever you want. Run, if it makes you feel good afterwords, but don’t regret what made you happy earlier.
To save its lone customers from the awkward perils of solo dining, The Moomin House Cafe kindly seats diners with stuffed animal companions called Moomins, a family of white hippo-like characters created by Finnish illustrator and writer Tove Jansson.
like. why we gotta hate on things. why we gotta hate on movies we haven’t seen yet. why we gotta hate on actors who are just doin the diddly darn best they can do. why we gotta hate on characters. all the characters. they are literally just characters there is no need to hate. why we gotta hate. just chill. chill. pet a dog. look at cat videos. listen to bird calls. no need to hate friends.
"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Why is everyone trying to be different by trying to be exactly like someone else?